Patent and Trade Mark Vacancies
Albright IP is one of the fastest growing firms of patent and trade mark attorneys in the country. We practice in a wide variety of technical disciplines including mechanical, biomedical, electrical and electronic engineering, and work to protect inventions ranging from low-cost consumer gadgets to large industrial machinery. We also have a strong designs practice. Please see below for our current patent and trade mark vacancies.
Patent Attorney Trainee – Albright IP
To be based in the Cheltenham office
Do you want a dynamic working environment dealing each day with multiple different patent matters? To be part of a close-knit working group where all aspects of patent drafting, prosecution, and litigation are discussed on an almost daily basis?
If you have an Oxford/Cambridge degree in engineering (particularly electrical) or science, and would like the challenge of training to be a patent attorney, dealing with national and international patent matters, and ultimately building your own practice, then we would love to hear about you and your skills.
This rare position offers an outstanding career opportunity to be involved in:
- Understanding inventions and condensing their function to a core inventive concept;
- Reviewing technical documents to determine whether an invention is new and innovative;
- Describing and claiming inventions in precise legal and technical terms;
- Corresponding with patent examiners and associates worldwide to argue for an invention’s patentability;
- Helping and supporting existing and prospective clients with legal and business development advice;
- Considering and advising on contentious matters involving copying and infringement;
- Qualifying to be a British and European patent attorney.
The Location: Albright IP’s main office is based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
Cheltenham is a fantastic place to live, conveniently located on the edge of the Cotswolds and within easy reach of London.
Famous for its festivals, visitors from all around the world flock to Cheltenham for the International Festivals of music, literature and science, along with the horse racing meets.
Some of the best schooling, private and state/grammar, in England can also be found in the area with Cheltenham Ladies College, Cheltenham College and Dean Close being just three long established and well respected schools.
Please email CV and formal cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01242 691 801 (please ask for Sam Cooper).