Patent and Trade Mark Careers
Albright IP is one of the fastest growing firms of patent and trade mark attorneys in the country. We practice in a wide variety of technical disciplines including mechanical, biomedical, electrical and electronic engineering, and work to protect inventions ranging from low-cost consumer gadgets to large industrial machinery. We also have a strong designs practice.
Why would you want to work for Albright?
Albright IP is an interesting place to work and the environment is that of a busy, successful small business. Our staff are welcoming, engaged, supportive and highly productive. Hopefully you would find the work fulfilling and the atmosphere enjoyable.
The work will be varied as you would expect from a progressive private practice. We encourage people to develop their technical and legal interests and seek clients that interest them.
Our offices are in the beautiful spa town of Cheltenham in the popular Montpellier area. Famous for its festivals, visitors from all around the world flock to Cheltenham for the International Festivals of music, literature and science, along with the horse racing meets. It has some of the best schooling, private and state/grammar, in England can also be found in the area with Cheltenham Ladies College, Cheltenham College and Dean Close being just three long established and well-respected schools.
Please see positions available, click links below:
Trainee Patent Attorney Position
Do you want a dynamic working environment dealing with a wide variety of patent matters every day? To be part of a close-knit working group where all aspects of patent drafting, prosecution, and litigation are discussed on an almost daily basis?
If you have an excellent degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Physics, and would like the challenge of training to be a patent attorney, dealing with national and international patent matters, and ultimately building your own practice, then we would love to hear about you and your skills.
This rare position offers an outstanding career opportunity in a friendly team, with the opportunity to be involved in:
- Understanding inventions and condensing their function to a core inventive concept;
- Reviewing technical documents to determine whether an invention is new and innovative;
- Describing and claiming inventions in precise legal and technical terms;
- Corresponding with patent examiners and associates worldwide to argue for an invention’s patentability;
- Helping and supporting existing and prospective clients with legal and business development advice;
- Considering and advising on contentious matters involving copying and infringement;
- Qualifying to be a British and European patent attorney.
Please email CV and formal cover letter to email@example.com or call on 01242 691 801 (please ask for Sam Cooper).